When and where is registration?
Early Bird registration begins April 1, 2021. Participants can be registered at www.twinsburgfootball.com. Registration will be open through May 30, 2020.
When and where do I get my equipment?
The league will supply players with a helmet, shoulder pads, pants and a game jersey. The league will also supply cheerleaders with appropriate uniforms. Equipment fitting dates will be announced at the close of the registration period. Parents are responsible for footwear (cleats for football), athletic cup, and a mouth guard.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept online payments (Mastercard & Visa). Other forms of payment may be arranged in special cases. Please contact John Boustani ([email protected]) if such an accommodation is necessary.
What are the player eligibility requirements and registration costs?
We offer tackle football divisions based on the player’s grade level, and cheer-leading divisions.
- The Tackle 2nd grade Division will consist of players entering 2nd grade
- The Tackle 3rd grade Division will consist of players entering 3rd grade
- The Tackle 4th grade Division will consist of players entering 4th grade
- The Tackle 5th grade Division will consist of players entering 5th grade
- The Tackle 6th grade Division will consist of players entering 6th grade
- The 2nd grade Cheer Division will consist of girls entering 2nd grade
- The 3rd grade Cheer Division will consist of girls entering 3rd grade
- The 4th grade Cheer Division will consist of girls entering 4th grade
- The 5th grade Cheer Division will consist of girls entering 5th grade
- The 6th grade Cheer Division will consist of girls entering 6th grade
Participation cost for tackle football players will be $225. An Early-Bird discount of $25 is available through April 30th
Participation cost for cheerleaders will be $125. An Early-Bird discount of $25 is available through April 30th
Do I need a physical?
Yes, all football players and cheerleaders are required to submit a physical. Physical forms are available under the Forms tab.
Can my child participate if they live outside the Twinsburg School District? No, all participants must live within the Twinsburg School District. However District attendance is not required.
How are the teams made?
The teams in each division will be divided equally in accordance with the rules set forth by the Ohio Gridiron Youth Football Association, of which TYF is a member.
When do we start practice?
First day of practice for the 2021 season is August 2nd for all divisions.
How long is practice?
Football practice is typically two hours, 3-4 days per week. Times and dates are left to the head coaches’ discretion. During the pre-season, teams are permitted to practice up to 5 days per week. Cheer practices will be determined by the cheer coordinator.
When are the games?
The game schedule for the 2021 tackle football season has yet to be finalized. However, we anticipate our first regular season games to be on August 28th. Games are typically played on Saturdays and on rare occasion on Sundays. Home games will be played at Tiger Stadium.
How many games do we play?
We play 7 regular season games, and playoff games TBD based on record.
I want to coach. How can I get involved with the TYF?
Please contact Beth Egan at [email protected]