Football season is approaching fast! We are excited to share with you several changes for the 2019 season.
Most importantly, registration for the 2019 Season will begin on April 5th for all programs. We are beginning the registration period earlier than in previous years. This allows your board of directors more time to formulate teams, assign coaching staffs and procure equipment. We are instituting a waiting list program for all divisions. Depending on participation numbers we may field additional teams, invite those on a waiting list to play up, or otherwise rearrange teams to better align with demand.
After months of deliberation we accepted an invitation to affiliate with the Ohio Gridiron Youth Football. The Gridiron is largely comprised of Suburban League schools. This is the league in which THS plays. We will be joined in the Gridiron by our neighbors Aurora, Nordonia, Cuyahoga Falls, Stow and potentially others.
Tackle Football Division
This season teams will be based on grade level NOT age. Registration will open on April 6th. Teams will play 7 regular season games plus a minimum of 1 playoff game. We will field 4th grade, 5th grade and 6th grade teams.
- Registration will be limited to 25 players per grade level.Once those numbers are reached, a waiting list will be instituted.
- Games will be played mostly on Saturdays
- Cost for tackle football is $225
- Sophomore 4th grade:
- Up to 114.9 lbs. can play all positions and carry ball. 115 lbs. and over can play anywhere on offensive and defensive line only
- 8 plays minimum for all active players
- Junior 5th grade:
- Up to 134.9 lbs. can play all positions and carry ball. 135 lbs. and over can play anywhere on offensive and defensive line only
- 8 plays minimum for all active players
- Varsity 6th grade
- Up to 139.9 lbs. can play all positions and can carry ball. 140 lbs. and over can play anywhere on offensive and defensive line only.
- Minimum play count is Head Coach’s discretion (all participants will play in each game they are active)
We are very excited to offer a new non-tackle, fully uniformed, football division. This division is designed for athletes who are interested in the game but who may not be ready for the full contact. It provides athletes an opportunity to learn all relevant football skills and prepare to transition to the full contact division. We will be joined in this division by Aurora and Nordonia.
- Athletes will wear all the standard football equipment (helmets, shoulder pads, padded pants)
- Games will be played with 9 players on each side of the ball
- Due to the small team size, participants can expect a significant amount of playing time
- Modified flag football rules will apply
- We will field a combined 3rd/4th grade team and a combined 5th/6th grade team
- Registration will be limited to 11 players per team.A waiting list will be instituted
- Games will be played on Sundays in Aurora
- The cost for non-tackle football is $125
The TYF Cheer program will be open for Registration on April 5th
- The program is open to participants in 1st through 6th grade
- There will be two cheer divisions, incoming 1st through 3rd grade and incoming 4th through 6th grade.
- Registration will be limited to the first 25 participants in each division.
- Participants will follow the same schedule as the associated tackle football team
- Cost for cheer is $120
TYF is in need of quality volunteer coaches for all divisions. The time commitment is moderate, but the experience is immensely rewarding. Previous coaching is not necessary but a working knowledge of the game and an ability to work with young athletes are required. TYF will assist you in formulating your practice plans, playbook, etc. Please reach out to John Boustani if you are interested in helping.
As with most club sports, fundraising is an essential component of a successful organization. Fundraising allows us to mitigate the ever-increasing costs of insurance, filed usage fees, and equipment. To that end the board will ask all families to participate in several fundraising events throughout the season. Those events include:
- Candy bar fundraiser
- Car wash fundraiser
- Concession stand at home games
- 50/50 raffle at home games
Lastly, TYF has seated the board of trustees for the 2019 season. We are considering expanding our board membership. If you are interested in serving on the board, please contact John Boustani.
- John Boustani - President / Commissioner
- Anthony Hodge - Vice President
- Joe Joltin - Treasurer
- Beth Egan - Secretary
- Kristen Fennell - Cheer Coordinator
- Amy Jenyk - Marketing Coordinator
- Heather Woods - Volunteer Coordinator
Please share this information with families who may be interested in football and cheer. Please visit our Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/TwinsburgYouthFootball where we have started a thread to answer questions and discuss changes